Wheel Bearing Inspection & Replacement
Christmas trading hours: Col Harrison Automotive will be closed on Christmas eve December 24 and public holidays December 25-26 and January 1. Schedule your car service online to ensure trouble free motoring during holiday season!
There should never be a rumbling, groaning or grinding sound coming from the wheels of your car, nor any vibration through the steering wheel (unless of course you are driving over corrugated roads!).
Wheel bearing issues usually come about due to poorly sealed bearings or lack of lubrication. Worn bearings can be very dangerous as they do have the potential of collapse, causing the wheel to detach from the car.
If left unchecked they can also cause uneven wear on the tyres, will impact your control and stopping power and cause excessive noise and vibration in the car, leading to a far less comfortable driving experience.
For emergency repairs or regular maintenance of your wheel bearings, visit Col Harrison Automotive in West Ryde today.
Why work with Col Harrison Automotive:
- Peace of mind: Not only are Col Harrison Automotive a Repco Authorised Service Centre, our mechanics have over 20 years of combined experience. From large jobs to small, you know you are in good hands with our expert mechanics
- Ongoing Training: As part of the Repco family, Col Harrison Automotive mechanics are offered training seminars and received service bulletins about the latest diagnostic equipment and vehicle upgrades. We also have access to a nationwide network of mechanics to help troubleshoot & diagnose all manner of car service issues
- Friendly Service: We are not just a shop, but a locally owned and operated community of mechanics who are looking out for our neighbours
Our Wheel Bearing Services include:
A Col Harrison Automotive Wheel Bearing Service may include any of the following (where applicable);
- Repacking and adjustment of wheel bearings
- Hub Assembly Repairs and Replacement
- Complete Bearing Replacement
Wheel Bearing Failure: Symptoms and Causes
The wheels on your vehicle should operate in a smooth manner, regardless of surfaces and speeds. When there is damage to the wheel bearings or lubrication is not sufficient, friction will begin to build up and the drive is no longer as smooth as it should be.
Friction can create excessive heat and over time can actually break down the wheel bearings and cause wear and tear on the axle.
Symptoms of Wheel Bearing problems may include;
- Vibrations felt in the foot pedals
- Vibration in the floor above the wheels
- Pulling of the car to one side or the other
- Loud noise coming from any of the wheels
Possible causes of these symptoms:
Col Harrison Automotive mechanics can give you peace of mind by advising you on what is causing excessive noise or vibrations in your vehicle. It may be time to come in and see our skilled mechanics if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms which could be a sign of;
- A damaged or leaking seal on the wheel bearings
- An Issue with the hub assembly
- Lack of lubrication in the wheel bearings
For wheel bearing replacements and routine bearing maintenance in and around the West Ryde area, contact the professional car service team at Col Harrison Automotive.
Trading Hours: Open Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm